Sunday 1 November 2015

The Vintage Home Show

Aloha my cherry pies, so last Sunday I had the pleasure of working at the Vintage Home Show put on by the wonderful Keeley Harris. The show features traders selling top quality mid century home wares from the 1930s to the 1970s. So I thought I'd share with all my lovely readers some photos and a little review of the event.

The show was full of wonderful traders selling the most amazing vintage household items so I was absolutely in my element, I am actually purchasing my own house soon so it was great to have a wander round and see what was on sale so that I could get some ideas because of course my home is going to be decked out in vintage finery!

The show sold all sorts, from furniture and ceramics to textiles and art, everything was to die for and I had to pick up a few pieces for myself. I've recently discovered a fondness for mid century cat statues so I wanted to pick a Kitsch piece of my own and I found an amazing statue (which is in the photograph below) so naturally I had to have it haha, I’m also mad for poodles so the little guy photographed had to come home with me as well.

The show is hosted at Victoria Baths in Manchester (there are also shows held in Leeds through out the year) which is the most amazing venue. The building was built in 1906 and still looks pretty much the same as it did back then so its like stepping back in time when you enter. If you get the chance to visit its definitely worth a look around as the original 1st class, 2nd class males and female pools are all still in tact and the whole inside is decorated with amazing green tiles and stained glass windows. The whole event was amazing and traders tables covered both floors so you could go up to the top floor and look down where it was packed with the rest of the stalls beneath. The next show is being held on the 13th March in Manchester and on the 6th March in Leeds so if you get the chance I very much recommend going.


Coco Von Vintage x

No comments:

Post a Comment