Sunday 14 June 2015

A Vintage girls dream - My days with The Cherry Dollface


Aloha my Cherrypies, so I've had the most amazing few days as one of my ultimate dreams came true... I got to meet my idol Cherry Dollface! Cherry is the whole reason I became interested in the vintage scene and why I'm so passionate about it now. She is a total inspiration and it was the most amazing experience meeting her, not only is she an amazing vintage make up and hair stylist and model she is such a lovely genuine person too. If anyone reading this has not heard of her before I definitely recommend checking out her Youtube channel Thecherrydollface and you can fall in love with her just like I did haha.


So quite a few months ago Cherry who is American and lives in Los Angeles announced on her Youtube channel that she was coming to the UK, I think I might have actually screamed at my computer in excitement when I found out as she hasn't been to the UK before. I knew I just had to book in with her so I booked to do her pinup hair and make up class that was held at Bethany Jane Davies Vintage hair salon in Manchester, and I also booked to do a photo shoot at HMS Vintage (an amazing pinup studio in Manchester) too where Cherry would do my hair and make up.


So firstly on Thursday was the hair and make up class, it was so great as there were lots of other vintage loving girls there and it was so fantastic to speak to them and share stories and "talk shop" haha. Cherry was amazing as she was so down to earth and funny and it was so surreal with her being there in front of us all. The class was also great because Cherry has so much knowledge on hair and make up so I picked up some really great tips. The day she came to Manchester also happened to be her birthday so there was cake and a little sing song at the end which was super sweet.


Friday was my photo shoot day and for me it was such a magical day. Cherry did my hair and make up and it was great just to talk to her one to one as the day before there were so many other girls. She was so lovely and styled my hair into some amazing victory rolls, she even managed to get my bangs into them which I thought would be an impossible feat as they are at an awkward stage at the moment as I'm growing them out. She then did my my make up in a classic pinup style and made me look so beautiful if I don't say so myself haha, then it was lights, camera and action for me and I got to do a fantastic pinup style shoot at the studio. The whole day was amazing and I would definitely recommend a photo shoot at HMS Vintage any time as Ian the photographer and Ewa who usually does the hair styling are so nice and they make you feel so at ease. I'm so excited to get my photos back from the shoot! All in all it was the most amazing experience and total dream come true.


Thanks for reading Guys and Dolls x

No comments:

Post a Comment