Sunday 19 July 2015

Marvellous Meet Ups - Le Keux Vintage Salon and The Wet Spot Leeds

Aloha my cherry pies, so first of all I thought I'd talk about a really amazing group on Facebook called 1940s/1950s Most Marvellous Meet Ups. I first stumbled upon this group a couple of months ago and it's the best thing ever! It's an group where regular meet ups are arranged so that other vintage loving guys and dolls can meet up, I've been to a few meet ups now and I've meet some really wonderful people, so I can not recommend it enough.


So on Friday I went to a fantastic meet up with two lovely vintage loving gals. We first meet up in Leeds and went to a hotel we had booked to drop off all our bags. We then ventured into Leeds city centre where we grabbed some sushi from Yo Sushi, I just have to say here that I got an amazing dessert from there where the sauce for the ice cream came in a syringe which I thought was a super cool touch.


So after food we went to do a vintage hair class at Le Keux vintage salon, the class was being taught be the amazingly beautiful and talented Diablo Rose who is not only an amazing hair stylist but she is also an amazing pin up model and one of my heroes for modern pin up girls. The class was fantastic and I got some great tips for vintage hair styling which I immediately tried as soon as I got home. The class was held in the Le Keux salon and if you've not been before been I definitely recommend it, its a retro dream as its decked out with vintage hair dryers and tools and has a wonderful pink Cadillac couch which I super want to steal haha. They also do photoshoots there and I'm definitely booking one in the future.


So after the class it was back to the hotel to get changed to do see The Wet Spot Burlesque show, and this gave me the chance to wear my gorgeous Monica dress by Pin Up Girl Clothing. The show was held at the Belgrave music hall which was a really great setting. As soon as you walked in you were greeted by classic music and a bar that was serving great cocktails. The show was fantastic and had some really great acts. For me Sophia St Villier stole the show as she was absolutely stunning and very talented at Burlesque, and I practically liked the poor guy she grabbed from the audience, when she stripped while dressed a latex horse his face was a mixture of terrified and happiness haha. I also loved Kitty Ribbons as one of her acts included her being dressed as Jewellery box ballerina and as she turn on the rotating platform she stripped, which I thought was a genius idea for Burlesque. The whole show was great and fingers crossed I get to see some more in future.


All in all it was the perfect way to spend a Friday and I loved every minute. Thanks for reading Guys and Dolls x


No comments:

Post a Comment