Friday 11 September 2015

Interview with Miss Osiria Rose

Aloha my cherry pies, so the other day I decided I wanted to add an interview segment to my blogs, I thought not only will I get to talk to some truly inspiring people but I get to share it with all you lovely people, win win in my opinion! So I was lucky enough to snag an interview with the beautiful Pin Up Miss Osiria Rose who hails from sunny Australia, I've been following this gorgeous lady on Instagram for some time now and I thought it was about time I caught up with her.


1. How did you originally become interested in the Pin Up and Vintage scene?


I actually discovered retro styling around the time Christina Aguilera went through her retro phase. From memory this was also around the time Dita Von Teese came into the limelight. Both of these women inspired a love of retro in me that I nurtured in secret for years by following real retro girls online. It took me 7 years to take the plunge and get into retro myself.

2.What do you love the most about being a Pin Up?

Everyday is different. While the style is blanketed now days as ‘Pin Up’, I can look completely different 7 days a week by styling my outfit and my hair different. I love the versatility, the colours, the class. We live in a time when the art of looking polished and finished has been lost and I really like that my outfits look finished every day. Its my way of expressing myself and taking price in my appearance.

3. Your Pin Up name is Miss Osiria Rose which is a gorgeous name, what made you decide on that name?

My Pinup Name actually comes from an actual rose. Initially when I started modelling I had bright red hair, red lips and red nails. But I am quite pale. An Osiria Rose is a white rose with red tips!



4.What is your most treasured Vintage or Vintage style item?

Probably the evening wear dress I bought for the Miss Picture Perfect Pagent! Its one of the few true vintage pieces I own and its amazing! Its one of the items I cannot WAIT to fit into again!



5. You have some absolutely stunning outfits, which do you think is your favourite and why?

Oh wow, I have way too many! I tend to wear a lot of skirts and tops, purely because I find I can get a better fit than a dress. I wear a lot of jenny skirts, I own around 11 of them so I guess you could call them a favorite!

6.What do you think has been your biggest achievement so far?

Entering my first pinup pageant and placing. Most definitely! I have some pretty big anxiety issues and I was honestly petrified of getting up on a stage and being a part of a pagent. But I wanted to really wanted to enter and I pushed myself really hard. I worked my butt off to look my best, I invested in some amazing true vintage outfits and I managed to place 1st Runner up! The feedback I got was also SUPER positive that the only reason I didn’t win was because I didn’t speak long enough, which was amazing! I was SO proud of myself!



7. Who would you say inspires you the most?


I can’t say I really have anyone in particular who inspires me. I follow SO many amazing women online that I draw my inspiration from daily and I truly am thankful for the internet and its ability to be able to connect me with others like that!

8.From your Instagram I can see you have been pretty busy with Daisy Jean Floral, do you have any plans for 2016 to expand your business?

I’m constantly working to expand Daisy Jean! I’m currently working on more fascinator pieces, bringing bags on board as well as some other exciting additions. Daisy Jean is forever growing and I love working on it!

9. You hail for the beautiful sunny Australia, what is the Vintage and Pin-up scene like over there?

I do indeed! I’m based in Sydney where we have a relatively big scene! From what I can tell most of the major cities have their own scene. For the most part everyone is supportive of one another and we get along.

If you'd like to stay tuned into what Miss Osiria Rose is up to you can find her on Instagram under @curvecreation


Coco Von Vintage x

No comments:

Post a Comment