Thursday 14 April 2016

Baking: Rhubarb and Almond Cake

Aloha my cherry pies, so I thought I'd try something new on my blog today and add a baking section!. Now I'm not the greatest baker in the world, probably one of the worst actually! But I thought my lovely readers could follow me on my journey while I try out this new challenge! So first up on the menu is Rhubarb and Almond cake!

Original Recipe:
Prep time - 15 Min's
Cook time - 40 Min's*
Serves 6

You will need:
250g Trimmed fresh rhubarb
150g Self raising flour
50g Ground Almonds
200g Caster sugar
4 Medium Eggs
200g Butter or Margarine
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
Cake Tin
Non-Stick Baking paper


1. Wash and chop the Rhubarb into 1 inch chunks (think I went too small with mine oops)


2. Break the eggs and add the flour, almonds, sugar, margarine and vanilla extract (I did this in the wrong order, told you I wasn't the greatest baker)


3. Whisk until you have a smooth batter or use a food processor. (Forgot to get a pic here oops daisy!)

 4. Add in the chopped Rhubarb and gently stir.


5. Transfer the mixture into a cake tin lined with non-stick baking paper. (You can add flaked almonds sprinkled over the top here, I think I'll do this next time to give it that extra almond kick).


6. Now the recipe here told me to bake it in the centre of the oven for 40mins at 180c but this wasn't long enough for mine and it took another 20mins to be cooked through so just keep an eye on it.


7. And voilĂ ! Scrummy yummy Rhubarb and Almond cake!

Hope you have enjoyed this taste journey!

Coco Von Vintage x

No comments:

Post a Comment